Updated: Feb 1, 2019
Terms and conditions of the Quality Training and Hospitality college (QTHC)“QC on the Harbour” Promotion
1. Information on how to enter the QTHC “QC on the Harbour competition” promotion and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Promotion you accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is QTHC. Contact on 1300 511 888 located at Level 1, Suite 3, 8 Greenhill Road, Wayville 5034 SA
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are aged 18 years or over.
4. Employees of the Promoter and the promoters related group of companies and their immediate families, participating suppliers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family includes a spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entries open at 4pm, Wednesday, January 30th 2019 AEST and close at 10pm, Friday 15th February 2019 AEST. This is stated as the Promotion Period.
6. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
· Like the Quality Training and Hospitality College Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/qthc.edu.au/
7. There will be 1 winner chosen who will contacted by a QTHC representative no later than 2 business days after the close of the competition. The winner will be drawn on February 19th 2019 at 12Pm, AEST.
9. If for any reason a winner does not reply/contact the Promoter to provide their details within 72 hours after the announcement regarding the winner is made to Facebook, then the prize or that part of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize or part of that prize.
11. In the case of any unclaimed prizes, the Promoter may choose to judge additional entries no later than two weeks after competition closure, allowing the last winner 72 hours to claim their prize.
12. a) The major prize winner will win the following prize(s): Lunch for two people at QC on the Harbour, to the value of $70, Return Flights departing Adelaide on Thursday 14th March 2019, returning Friday 15th March 2019 and one night’s accommodation on Thursday 14th March 2019 at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour to the value of $350.00
12. b) QTHC will offer 4 minor prizes of lunch for two people at Fig Tree function centre at the Adelaide Zoo in Adelaide, including entry to the Adelaide Zoo, to the value of $60 Each prize.
12. c) QTHC is not liable for damages resulting from the prize, and
In the event of event cancellation of rescheduling then all liability is waivered for any losses incurred as a result including but not limited to any travel or accommodation expenses. QTHC will not be liable to pay for incidental expenses at the event including but not limited to travel, additional food and beverages outside of the pre-designated catering package.
12.d) The promoter is not responsible for any additional charges beyond the Major / Minor prize as defined in 12. a) and 12.b)
13. The Promoter retains the right to substitute any prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value (including where a prize is unavailable).
14. The prize, or any unused part of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants’ details and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that, in the opinion of the Promoter: (i) includes objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, or in poor taste; (ii) is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) who tampers with the entry process. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be invalid.
16. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant (or the identity of a person who claims to be the entrant), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the entrant’s identity. The Promoter may in its sole discretion elect not award a prize where it suspects that a person is not the original entrant.
17. In addition, the entrant consents to the Promoter and the Promoter's affiliates, agents or representatives infringing the entrant's moral rights in their entry. The entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any use, edit or reproduction by or on behalf of the Promoter of all or any part of the entrant's entry.
19. This promotion is a game of chance. The winning entry will be selected at random.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence with entrants other than the winner(s) in relation to this Promotion or the prize.
22. The Promoter will notify the winner how the prize is to be received
23. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion: (a) to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter suspects has tampered with the entry process; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
24. If any act or omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
25. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
26. The Promoter’s Facebook Page may not be available for access from time to time during the Promotion Period. All access to, and use of, the Promoter’s Facebook Page is at the individual’s expense and risk and subject to the terms and conditions of that Facebook Page. The Promoter has no control over internet or mobile telecommunications, network lines, bugs, viruses and server problems and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, for whatever reason.
27. To the maximum extent permissible by law, the Promoter and its agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with receiving, taking or using any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of entering and participating in the Promotion.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize.
29. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their Promotion entry, name, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion, and future promotions or marketing materials, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
30. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from liability for any loss or damage which they suffer or sustain as a result of participating in the promotion.